IN CASE YOU MISSED LAST NIGHT’S ANNOUNCEMENT, HERE’S THE RECAP:
Our family will be spending the 2022-2023 school year traveling the country in a tiny home school bus, visiting Title I elementary schools in all 50 states, doing assemblies on creativity and collaboration, and giving away 25,000 books to kids from underserved communities.
We’ll be taking our version of the great American road trip—visiting off-the-beaten-path communities and asking people from widely different backgrounds a common set of questions.
Whatever we discover, we’ll share with our followers—via daily photos, videos, and essays.
Our goals are several:
- To spur reading, creativity, and collaboration in literacy deserts across the country
- To increase awareness of the national crisis of poverty-fueled inequity in our nation’s public schools
- To set up micro-giving campaigns in every school we visit
- To conduct a major research project, measuring the impact of author visits
- To experience and chronicle our adventures, hoping to discover we’re not quite as divided as it sometimes seems.
We aim to boost awareness, prompt engagement, and raise smiles. But we can’t do it on our own. $5 puts a book in the hands of a kid who otherwise wouldn’t have access to it. $150 buys books for an entire classroom.
PLEASE HELP US PUT BOOKS ON THE BUS: www.busloadofbooks.com